• Right Beat Radio Music Licensing
Non-Exclusive, TV/Radio Advertising, Mass Duplication
In Simple Terms
This royalty-free music is free to download with a non-exclusive license for use in your project, whether personally or commercially, as long as you credit “Right Beat Radio” for the music.
Credit must be given in the song title, in the song description/credits, or album/project credits.
- You do not have to pay Right Beat Radio any royalties and/or fees for using the free music cataloged on this website, per the terms of this agreement.
- You may not claim as your own, or resell this instrumental music as part of a compilation, sample pack, mix tape, or individually. Right Beat Radio retains all rights to this music, unless otherwise stated.
Downloading and/or using this music means that you agree to the terms and conditions written in this license agreement.
For more detailed information, please review the Legal Terms.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
In Legal Terms
This is a license agreement between RIGHT BEAT RADIO, doing business as rightbeatradio.com (“Right Beat Radio”) and you, the Licensee. By accepting this license and using this music, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this End User License (the “Agreement”), which are as follows:
» Non-Exclusive License
This is a non-exclusive license, whereby Right Beat Radio grants you a limited right to use a certain piece of recorded music (including a musical composition). The licensed piece or music shall hereby be referred to as the “Recording”. This license is valid for perpetuity and for the World unless specifically indicated otherwise for Advertising and Mass Duplication. With this Non-Exclusive license, you may use the Recording for as long as you want, with as many projects as you want, with no additional payments to Right Beat Radio.
In consideration of the license, you hereby agree to credit Right Beat Radio for the Recording, according to our policy.
Please note that it is mandatory to mention “Music by Right Beat Radio” in the credits.
› New Media Project
The Non-Exclusive license allows you to use the Recording with any type of New Media Project. For the purpose of this Agreement, a New Media Project is defined as a production or project which makes use of new media or multi-media platforms, including web site background music, Podcasts, Flash animations and presentations, online tutorials, e-learning tools, slide-shows, website videos, corporate training videos, Powerpoint presentations, multimedia CD-Roms, promotional DVDs, software demos, video blogs, online video sharing (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), free iPhone / iPad / Smartphone applications and games, and web-based online video games.
The non-exclusive license also includes use of the Recording for television show or program broadcasting and radio program broadcasting. We simply ask that you contact us with the details of the production and any other information that is relevant to the project.
This license also allows you, the Licensee, to use the music on YouTube and generate an income from advertising overlay on your videos. You may not, however, claim that the Rightbeatradio.com music is your own music. We own and/or control all the Copyrights of the music you are licensing.
» TV/Radio Advertising
The Non-Exclusive license includes use of the Recording for television program broadcasting and radio program broadcasting but does not include use of the Recording in television advertising or in radio advertising.
There is an additional fee for music used for a TV/Radio commercial. Contact us for pricing details on TV/Radio Advertising.
For multiple countries licensing, please contact us.
» Mass Duplication
The Non-Exclusive License covers the duplication of unlimited copies of CDs, DVDs, downloadable software, games or other digital products. There is no additional fee for music used for unlimited copies.
You are required to contact us with your details (for our records) for Video and Audio production duplication. This includes, without limitations, all products with music embedded such as DVD, CD, CD-ROM, VHS, toys, software and any downloadable products sold or distributed to the general public, if more than 1,000 copies are produced.
iPhone / iPad / Smartphone
No contact is required for free (not commercial) iPhone / iPad / Smartphone applications and games, and web-based online video games.
Contacting us is required for any for-sale game or application, including paid iPhone / iPad / Smartphone applications, if more than 1,000 copies are sold.
Games and applications that generates income, including offering in-game purchasing and advertising, are considered to be commercial and need to be tracked for our records.
» Theatrical/Commercial Film
Music usage for non-commercial projects, such as a college movie, or participation in a contest, or a film festival is included in the Non-Exclusive License. Please note that it is mandatory to mention “Music by Right Beat Radio” in the credits.
You are required to contact us for use for a Theatrical or Commercial Film. For all commercial film productions, this license is for unlimited duration and Worldwide use.
Limitations of use
- You may not resell the original Recording by itself or as part of a package except as embodied within your own Project.
- You may not resell the original Recording (or otherwise make it available) within a downloadable template where someone would be able to download the sound file as a separate file, such as in e-card templates or a website templates.
- You may not resell the original Recording (or otherwise make it available) as part of any competing product such as music compilation or music library.
- You may not resell the original Recording (or otherwise make it available) as your “Product”, as your music or as your song, even if it has been transformed or edited, or if you add other instruments or vocals to the music. This is called a “Derivative Work” and it is not allowed. Rightbeatradio.com always owns the Copyright of the music composition and recording.
You hereby acknowledge that Right Beat Radio is and remains the owner of all rights, titles and interest in the Recording, including without limitation any copyrights therein. The Recording is protected by and subject to United States and international copyright laws. We retain the right to extend licenses of the Recording to third parties, at our discretion.
Limitation of Liability
Right Beat Radio makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, except that it warrants that it has the right to grant the license granted hereunder. The total liability of Right Beat Radio under this Agreement shall be limited to that part of the acceptance by you to Right Beat Radio for the license. You hereby agree that this license is granted to you without any other warranty or recourse.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the State of Virginia, United States. Nothing in the present Agreement shall be interpreted as constituting or creating a joint venture or partnership between the Parties. This Agreement shall be to the benefit of and bind the respective heirs, executors, administrators and assigns of the Parties hereto. If any part of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or any other legally constituted body having jurisdiction to make such determination, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
Last revised September 2013
- Simple terms reorganized and some details clarified with a clearer explanation of terms. – September 29, 2013
- Simple Terms updated with more detailed royalty information. – September 22, 2013
- Simple Terms updated with more detailed general information. – July 25, 2013
- Residence changed and document now reflects updated copyright laws per the state I do business in. – February 12, 2013
- Added “Simple Terms” and “Legal Terms” sections. – December 21, 2012.
- Original document created. – August, 2012.